Bill Bryson, author of A Short History of Everything, told the Guardian in March 2005, “I’m not a spiritual person.” He did however allow that, “…conventional science and a belief in god are absolutely not incompatible.”
“Do you realize all the food on our table tonight came from our farm?” Marty’s dad seemed proud of the fact.
Marty thought how electromagnetism had a major role in determining the internal properties of the delicious food and most internal properties of objects encountered in daily life. Atoms are building blocks of molecules which are the building blocks of the physical mass of our universe. Electromagnetism is the force that binds negatively charged electrons to positively charged atomic nuclei, ensuring that stable atoms can be formed which includes the chemistry of life.
“I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.” Genesis 9:13
“And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given him that sat thereon…” Revelation 6:3
Of the four horses John described, this is the only symbolic horse [force of nature?] that John referred to as a color from the seven colors of the rainbow. Electromagnetism also has seven spectrums in ranges of frequencies and wavelengths.
“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light [controller of electromagnetism?] of the world;” John 8:12 “And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.” John 4:36
Maxwell described light as a propagating wave of electric and magnetic fields. Jesus seems to symbolically be the rider [power and authority over?] of the red horse [one of four forces of nature?] in control of electromagnetic power [light & life?] of the universe.
Marty was beginning to realize that modern scientific theory did agree with ancient scripture. Maybe her mother was right.
- How did Abraham know so much about space-time so long before Einstein?
- How did prophets in the Bible know about cosmic inflation?
- What caused C.S. Lewis to reason that man’s longing for order was because man must have experienced life without entropy?
- Was Pierre-Simon Laplace correct when he determined that there could be someone who knows the precise location and momentum of every atom in the universe and could calculate past and future values for any given time?
- What if scripture messages about the cosmos show early understandings that are in agreement with or even beyond what we understand today?